Travel Health Nurse - London
MASTA is the UK’s leading independent service provider in the travel health field offering a range of unique products and services to our customers. MASTA offers a package that will reward your skills and experience together with the chance to develop your career in this complex and ever changing area of medicine. As part of our continued growth we have the following opportunity available:
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic registered nurse with experience in general nursing, combined with previous experience in clinical consultation environment to join the team based in London as a Travel Health Nurse.
- You will Provide travel health risk assessments and advice to clients both in the travel clinic and on the telephone.
- Administer relevant immunisations, anti-malarial prophylaxis and other medicines in line with Patient Group Directions.
- Maintain accurate medical records utilising MASTA e-clinic software, and ensure there is client confidentiality at all times.
- Implement company policies and procedures.
- Work within guidelines to ensure smooth running of the clinic.
- Works well with others to get the job done and responds positively to instructions and procedures
- Communicates effectively with members of the public and colleagues and share critical information with others in the multidisciplinary team
- Personal experience of travel and an interest in travel medicine is beneficial.
- Experience in clinical consultation, vaccine administration including intradermal vaccinations and venepuncture (or willingness to learn)
Demonstrates openness and honesty and listens well during meetings and feedback sessions
Start DateN/A (see additional information)
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an industry leading Travel Health Company.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter.
“Travel health is such a positive aspect of nursing and it is constantly evolving. For the majority of the time I’m speaking with people who are looking forward to going away so it’s great to learn about their travel plans and rewarding to provide advice from a health promotion point of view. I had no previous experience in travel health before arriving at MASTA so it has been quite a challenge, but the training I received was comprehensive.” Claire Fleming, Tele-consult Nurse.